December 1, 2015

Leanne + Derek | Maudslay State Park | Engaged

Leanne and Derek were my first clients for 2016, and since it had been so long since I'd seen them I was so excited to see them again for their engagement shoot! As I've mentioned in previous posts, it's such a great time for me to learn even more about my clients, and in many cases begin friendships.

Leanne jumped at the opportunity to do the photos on Halloween because it's her favorite holiday, I later learned she contemplated having their wedding on Halloween but ultimately decided against it. Knowing this, we wanted to make sure the shoot incorporated Halloween, so Leanne and Derek arrived with carved pumpkins that offered up fun opportunities for a few shots!

We had the session at Maudslay State Park, a place I had never been before, but it was the perfect location. How had I never been there before?! There were several different areas within the park that offered variance in looks, and we lucked out in the foliage department which we were excited about given how late it was in the season. Both Leanne and Derek were awesome about letting me find multiple spots to photograph them throughout the shoot, and we had so much fun capturing their personality and relationship. Both of them were naturals in front of the camera, everything came so easily to them, which is great for a photographer because I know getting your photo taken is not the most comfortable situation.

Thank you for letting me photograph your fall engagement shoot, Leanne and Derek, and I cannot wait to be part of your wedding in June!




























2 comments:

  1. Loved this session, Lauren!! Such great shots and LOVE the location! Wow!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara!! Seriously, Maudslay was awesome... you must go!

      Delete