October 31, 2017

Niki + Nick | York, Maine Engagement

When Niki contacted me about photographing her and Nick's wedding in April 2018 in York, Maine, I was blown away by how small the world can be! Initially drawn in by my portfolio, Niki quickly discovered that I am an alum of RIT, just like both her and Nick. Niki is a nurse and while looking further into my portfolio, she discovered that I had shot her old coworker, Ashley's wedding at Willowdale Estate back in 2016. I was meant to be their photographer!

Niki and Nick first met at RIT when he was a teacher's assistant for one of her programming courses. They quickly formed a close friendship that lasted throughout college. After graduating and going their separate ways, the pair grew apart before reconnecting in 2011 and the rest is history!

In September I traveled up to York, Maine to meet up with Niki, Nick and their adorable german shepherds, Odin and Frigga at the famous Cape Neddick Lighthouse. We climbed around the rocky coast before ending the evening at Short Sands Beach, where the pups were able to run free. Nick's family owns a home in York, so the quaint town holds a lot of meaning for the pair. Their wedding will take place at the Union Bluff Meeting House, which overlooks the beach where we took our final portraits. Niki and Nick, thank you for showing me around York, I had an absolute blast with the two of you and your pups! I can't wait for April!




















No comments:

Post a Comment