June 20, 2016

Sarah + TJ | North Point Park Engagement

I have a new favorite time to photograph: Sunrise! I've been dying to convince a couple to meet at sunrise for a while now and, lucky for me, Sarah and TJ were easily convinced that a sunrise shoot would be amazing. They fully trusted that the 4:30am wake up call would be totally worth it, and despite the wind and freezing cold temperatures, it was!

In mid-May, I met Sarah and TJ at North Point Park, a hidden gem right near the Zakim Bridge. I run through the park frequently and have always thought it'd be a great location for a shoot, and a great spot to catch the sunrise as it comes over the iconic bridge. Turns out, Sarah is also a runner and discovered the park during her longer runs for marathon training. Just as I'd hoped, the park was perfect and we fell in love with this picturesque spot!

While meandering through the pathways of North Point Park, I was delighted to talk to TJ about his career as a chef at the EMC Club in Fenway! I'm a self-proclaimed foodie and loved hearing all about his experiences. Sarah and I discovered that we grew up in the same area in Northeastern Pennsylvania. While looking through my work on my website and blog, Sarah recognized the scene from an image I had taken of my childhood friend Michael and his now wife Kati for their engagement pictures; in the background of the image was a large sign that said Scranton and Sarah told me she's also from the area. What a small world!

I was meant to work with Sarah and TJ, we have so much in common! I had a really great time spending the early morning hours with the two of them and I could not be more excited to photograph their backyard, ocean-front celebration in Wareham, MA this July.



















No comments:

Post a Comment