April 8, 2016

Cassie + Michael | Engaged

Sometimes being a photographer means I have to miss important family events. Other times it means I get to be a part of beautiful intimate family moments. I've been able to document my cousins growing up, by photographing them every year on Thanksgiving, and last April, I was lucky enough to photograph the wedding of my cousin Alex and her husband Kyle. And now I have the same honor, photographing Alex's sister, Cassie's wedding in October.

This past Easter weekend, Cassie and her fiancé Mike came up to Boston from central PA so that I could photograph their engagement pictures. Never has it been more clear just how important family is then now, after the tragic loss of my uncle, Cassie's father, earlier this year. Being six years older, I've been able to watch Cassie grow up, and it has been incredible to watch her become the woman she is today, and I know her father, Tony, would be proud.

Cassie graduated from Arcadia University this past January with a degree in Physical Therapy and works for a practice in PA, and Mike is a high school history teacher. Before their current careers there was Bill Mack's Ice Cream Parlor in Dover, PA, where Cassie and Mike met while scooping ice cream into waffle cones. They quickly formed a bond and last August during a low-key night at home, Mike asked Cassie to be his wife.

I've gotten to know Mike well over the years and I couldn't pick a better match for my cousin. I am honored to be a part of their wedding in October and create images for my whole family that will last a lifetime. Cassie and Mike, I love you guys and I am so happy for the two of you to start the next chapter of your lives together.























No comments:

Post a Comment