August 25, 2016

Ashley + Joe | Salem Willows Park Engagement

One of the best things about living in Boston is that I can be in the middle of the woods, at the ocean, or in the midst of historic New England landmarks within an hour's drive. I love traveling and exploring new places and although I've lived here for seven years, I still have a lot to discover! Last month, on a Sunday just before sunset, I met with Ashley and Joe at Salem Willows Park in Salem, MA for their engagement session. It was my first time at the park, but hopefully won't be my last! It was a quintessential New England spot, weathered and full of character with an arcade, a beach and a long pier jutting out into the harbor.

Choosing a location for a session isn't just about finding a beautiful, picturesque spot, it also is about being in a place that holds special meaning to the client. It could be their first home, her favorite holiday, or in Ashley and Joe's case, the place where they said 'I love you,' for the first time, years ago. They both grew up around the North Shore and about a year ago they purchased their first home in Beverly, so the rocky shores of Salem Willows Park will always have a special place in their hearts.

We started the session on the beach with the sun shining and boats dotting the harbor. About fifteen minutes into the shoot, the fog started rolling in... and fast! At first we were upset about losing the perfect sunset, but we soon realized that the incredibly thick fog added a calm and intimacy to our time together. It was amazing and so uniquely New England. I couldn't be more excited to celebrate alongside Ashley and Joe at Ipswich Country Club next year. It will definitely be a night to remember!
















No comments:

Post a Comment