August 24, 2017

Maya | One Year | Lars Anderson Park

One of my first jobs in photography was at a photo studio that specialized in family portraits. In the five years that I worked there, I gained so much knowledge on how to photograph and pose people, all while making them feel comfortable. As a result, I've been able to find a way to capture a subject's true self. Pairing this skill with my documentary and photojournalism background brings a uniqueness to my style. Because of this, I've had the honor of photographing the children of the brides and grooms I have photographed. I've loved being able to watch my clients' families grow.

One of my favorite couples from the 2014 season, Ashley and Mike, welcomed their daughter Maya on August 22, 2016. A few weeks ago, I met up with Ashley, Mike and baby Maya at Lars Anderson Park in Brookline, MA. A short walk towards the pond brought us to a gorgeous spot in the early morning light. With Ashley's help, Maya cautiously stood up and let go of mom's hand. She stood alone and posed for two whole minutes, only her second time to do so! Maya was such a sweet little model. She sure was quick with her smiles, but I was able to catch plenty of excitement as we explored various paths surrounding the water.

Maya, I am so lucky to have met you! Ashley and Mike, congratulations on your first year of parenthood, and happy first birthday to a beautiful little girl!





















No comments:

Post a Comment