August 27, 2018

Lucy's First Birthday | Christopher Columbus Park in Boston, MA

I love my job. I get to meet new people, and be a part of such an intimate and important time of their lives. But even better, is that I often am able to document their growing families over the years. I have been lucky enough to be invited back into the lives of so many of my clients to photograph their fur babies, their human babies and their ever-changing lives.

I started working with Laurie and Louis in 2015, they were newly engaged and living in the North End with an adorable dog named Max. That spring and summer we photographed two mini engagement sessions (1, 2) followed by their wedding and reception on a warm and gorgeous September evening at Sacred Heart Church in the North End and the Boston Harbor Hotel.

Since their 2015 nuptials, Laurie and Louis brought home another pup, Chewy, and in June 2017, they welcomed home a baby girl, Miss Lucy Grace. Laurie reached out to me about setting up a first birthday session for Lucy, and I of course jumped at the opportunity! Able to stand, but not yet walk, little Lucy showed off her sweet smile (plus a multitude of other faces), her love of Minnie Mouse and her enthusiastic clapping skills. After some play, it was time for her very first cake! Skeptical at first, Lucy eventually dug in, loving every second, and even making sure to share some with Dad!

I had such a blast meeting Lucy, she is just the best! What a ham. Happy Birthday, sweet girl!
















No comments:

Post a Comment