August 11, 2016

Fenway Park: An Iconic Boston Landmark



As a photographer, I've been allowed to photograph in spaces that I wouldn't otherwise have had access to. I've been able to photograph some unique events such as a pirate festival in a small town outside of Rochester, NY, and while studying abroad in England, I assisted a photographer on a shoot at the Formula 1 factory. I even once followed a butcher while he... did what a butcher does. But I'll just leave it at that for now.

While I have had some amazing opportunities, it doesn't always come easily. Without newspaper credentials or the guise of a student working on a project, being given access to locations can be difficult. However, owning my business has allowed me to network with some pretty incredible people. I've photographed a wedding in Hawaii, in the New England Aquarium (blog post: coming soon) and the Boston Public Library.

Most recently, I was asked to photograph at one of the most iconic and historic locations in Boston, Fenway Park. In May 2015, The Minkoff Family, asked me to photograph their son's Bar Mitzvah at the EMC Club inside of Fenway. It offers amazing views of both the ballpark and the surrounding high-rises. The coordinator at the EMC Club, Megan, worked with me to gain access to the field where I was able to photograph Ethan below the Green Monster, in the Red Sox' dugout and with surprise party guest, Wally! And Wally wasn't the only surprise in store for Ethan, all three of the most recent Red Sox World Series trophies were on display all evening. Let's face it, even though I'm not a baseball fanatic, it was very cool to be so entrenched in such an amazing piece of Boston sports history.

I had an amazing day celebrating with Ethan and his family, and I hope that he enjoyed the day as much as I did. I can't say enough about the excellent staff at the EMC Club at Fenway Park, and I hope to have the opportunity to photograph again there soon. I am also thrilled and honored to share that six of my images from Ethan's Bar Mitzvah are featured on their website!

What are some of the most memorable venues you've had the opportunity to see for an event?



No comments:

Post a Comment